23 avr. 2015

Forget

Distract me 

Help me forget
Make me believe that it's not as bad as it seems.
Make me believe that
       Together We Can Do So Much
and that there's still hope
for a better world.

Pull the blinds down
Block out the world
and the news
   of war
     and hate
         and destruction.

Block out the ignorance that rules most of this
      Wonderful World
we live in.

Take me in your arms
Hold me
Until nothing is left
   but you
   and me 
   and love. 

I want to be ignorant.
I don't want to know
that we're headed toward destruction.

At least for a moment, let me keep my head down
and ignore the cries of the lost
  the hurt
     the mislead.

Cover my ears with your loving hands 
so all I can hear are your slow breaths
    in time 
         with my own.

Cover my eyes
so all I can see are the lines on the palms of your hands
telling the story of your life.

Cover my lips with your own
so there is nothing left to be said
no words to remind us of the outside world.

And together
  we will step off the wheel
for a moment            or an eternity. 

Leave the race behind
and forget our humanity.

Just for a moment
Make me forget.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire